This is a complete lesson on solving inequalities graphically that looks at how to represent the solutions sets of one or more inequalities on a graph. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To solve linear inequalities in two variables graphically.
- To show the solution set of several inequalities in two variables on a graph.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Solving Inequalities Graphically’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Inequalities Introduction
- Solving Inequalities Graphically Example
- Solving Strict Inequalities Graphically Example
- Blank Grids
- Solving Inequalities in Two Variables Graphically Example
- Solving Multiple Inequalities Graphically Example
- Student Worksheet on Solving Inequalities Graphically
- Inequalities Plenary Cards
- Solving Equations Graphically Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the fourth lesson in the Solving Equations Graphically unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: