This is a complete lesson on quartiles that looks at how to find lower quartiles, upper quartiles and interquartile range for lists of numbers and cumulative frequency graphs. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to work out lower quartiles, upper quartiles and interquartile range from a list of data.
- To work out quartiles and interquartile range from cumulative frequency diagrams.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Quartiles’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Median Example
- Lower Quartile Example
- Quartiles from Cumulative Frequency Graph Example
- Mini Plenary
- Student Worksheet on Quartiles
- True or False Cards
- Cumulative Frequency, Box Plots & Histograms Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the third lesson in the Cumulative Frequency, Box Plots & Histograms unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: