This is a complete lesson on interpreting cumulative frequency graphs that looks at how to read values and averages from cumulative frequency graphs. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To use a cumulative frequency graph to find the amount greater than or less than a given value.
- To find the median from a cumulative frequency graph.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Interpreting Cumulative Frequency Graphs’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Reading Off Graphs Introduction
- Interpreting Cumulative Frequency Graphs Example
- Student Worksheet on Interpreting Cumulative Frequency Graphs
- Cumulative Frequency, Box Plots & Histograms Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the second lesson in the Cumulative Frequency, Box Plots & Histograms unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: