This is a complete lesson on graph transformations that looks at how to draw and recognise graph translations. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to translate graphs.
- To recognise graph translations.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Graph Transformations: Translations’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Graph Translations Introduction
- Vertical Graph Translation Example
- Horizontal Graph Translation Example
- Student Worksheet on Graph Transformations: Translations
- Graphs Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the third lesson in the Advanced Graphs unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: