This is a complete lesson on graph transformations that looks at how to draw and recognise graph reflections and stretches. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to reflect graphs.
- To be able to apply stretches to graphs.
- To recognise graph reflections and stretches.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Graph Transformations: Reflections & Stretches’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Graph Reflections & Stretches Introduction
- Graph Reflection Example
- Vertical Stretch Example
- Horizontal Stretch Example
- Student Worksheet on Graph Transformations: Reflections & Stretches
- True or False Cards
- Graphs Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the fourth lesson in the Advanced Graphs unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: