This is a complete lesson on the sine rule that looks at how to calculate unknown angles of triangles. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To work out unknown angles using the sine rule.
- To use the sine rule to solve problems.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Finding Angles Using the Sine Rule’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Trigonometry Introduction
- Demonstration Slide
- Finding an Angle Using the Sine Rule Example
- Sine Rule Ambiguous Case Example Slide
- Student Worksheet on Finding Angles Using the Sine Rule
- True or False Cards
- Further Trigonometry Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the third lesson in the Further Trigonometry unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: