This is a complete lesson on the cosine rule that looks at how to calculate unknown angles of triangles. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To work out unknown angles using the cosine rule.
- To use the cosine rule to solve problems.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Finding Angles Using the Cosine Rule’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Cosine Rule Introduction
- Finding an Angle Using the Cosine Rule Example
- Student Worksheet on Finding Angles Using the Cosine Rule
- Plenary Match Cards
- Further Trigonometry Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the fifth lesson in the Further Trigonometry unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: