This is a complete lesson on enlargements with negative scale factor that looks at how to enlarge a shape using a negative number as the scale factor. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to enlarge shapes using a negative scale factor.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Enlargements with Negative Scale Factor’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Negative Scale Factor Introduction
- Focal Point Example
- Negative Scale Factor Example
- Student Worksheet on Enlargements with Negative Scale Factor
- True or False Cards
- Transformations Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the fifth lesson in the Transformations unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: