This is a complete lesson on drawing cumulative frequency graphs that introduces the idea of cumulative frequency and looks at how to produce cumulative frequency tables and graphs. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to construct cumulative frequency tables.
- To be able to construct cumulative frequency graphs.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Drawing Cumulative Frequency Graphs’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Example Cumulative Frequency Table
- Mini Plenary
- Example Cumulative Frequency Graph
- Example Grouped Cumulative Frequency Graph
- Student Worksheet on Drawing Cumulative Frequency Graphs
- Plenary Relay Race
- Cumulative Frequency, Box Plots & Histograms Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the first lesson in the Cumulative Frequency, Box Plots & Histograms unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: