This is a complete lesson on tangent properties that will teach students to prove and use properties of tangents to circles. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To understand and use the rule that the tangent at any point on a circle is perpedicular to the radius at that point.
- To know and use the fact that tangents from an external point are equal in length.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Tangent Properties’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Tangent & Radius Example
- Two Tangents Demonstration
- Student Worksheet on Tangent Properties
- Circle Theorems Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the sixth lesson in the Circle Theorems unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: