This is a complete lesson on angles in the same segment that will teach students to prove and use the rule that angles in the same segment are equal. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to prove that angles in the same segment of a circle are equal.
- To use the property that angles in the same segment of a circle are equal to solve problems.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Angles in Same Segment’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Angles in Same Segment Demonstration
- Angles in Same Segment Example
- Student Worksheet on Angles in Same Segment
- Circle Theorems Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the third lesson in the Circle Theorems unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: