This is a complete lesson on angles at the centre and the circumference that will teach students to prove and use the rule that the angle at the centre of a circle is double the angle on the circumference. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to prove that the angle formed at the centre of the circle from the ends of an arc is double the angle formed at any point on the circumference.
- To use this theorem to solve problems.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Angles at Centre & Circumference’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Angles at Centre & Circumference Demonstration
- Angles at Centre & Circumference Example
- Student Worksheet on Angles at Centre & Circumference
- Spot the Mistake Plenary
- Circle Theorems Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the second lesson in the Circle Theorems unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: