This is a complete lesson on the alternate segment theorem that will teach students to prove and use the alternate segment theorem. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to prove the alternate segment theorem.
- To use the alternate segment theorem to solve problems.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Alternate Segment Theorem’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Alternate Segment Theorem Demonstration
- Alternate Segment Theorem Example
- Student Worksheet on Alternate Segment Theorem
- Circle Theorems Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the seventh lesson in the Circle Theorems unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: