This is a complete lesson on areas of shapes that looks at how to find areas of triangles, rectangles, trapezia and parallelograms. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To recall and use the formulae for the area of a triangle, rectangle, trapezium and parallelogram.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE higher tier students. It could also be used with high ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Areas of Shapes’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Blank Mind Map
- Area of Right Angled Triangle Slide
- Area of Non Right Angled Triangle Slide
- Area of Parallelogram Slide
- Area of Trapezium Slide
- Mini-Plenary Slide
- Student Worksheet on Areas of Shapes
- Match Cards
- Area, Perimeter & Circles Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the first lesson in the ‘Perimeter, Area & Circles’ unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: