This is a complete lesson on areas of rectangles and triangles that looks at how to work out the area of squares/rectangles, and of triangles (both right-angled and non-right-angled). The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To be able to use formulae for areas of squares, rectangles and triangles.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE foundation tier students. It could also be used with mid and low ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘Areas of Rectangles & Triangles’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- Blank Mind Map
- Area of Rectangle Demonstration Slide
- Area of Right Angled Triangle Example Slide
- Area of Non Right Angled Triangle Example Slide
- Student Worksheet on Areas of Rectangles & Triangles
- Plenary Slide
- Area & Perimeter Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the fourth lesson in the ‘Measures, Perimeter & Area’ unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: