This is a complete lesson on 3D solids that looks at how to recognise and sketch common 3D solids. The lesson is designed with the new GCSE specification in mind.
- To identify and name common 3-dimensional solids.
- To be able to draw sketches of 3D solids.
Who is this Lesson For?
This pack is designed for GCSE foundation tier students. It could also be used with mid and low ability Key Stage 3 students.
What is Included?
Included in this download are the following:
- Full lesson plan for the ‘3D Solids’ lesson, including introduction, teaching content, individual activities, plenary and suggested support and extension activities
- 3D Solids Introduction
- 3D Solids Slide
- Drawing a Prism Guide
- Drawing a Cylinder Guide
- Drawing a Pyramid Guide
- Drawing a Cone Guide
- Student Worksheet on 3D Solids
- Match Cards
- 3D Solids Fact Sheet
- Complete Solutions to all Questions
This is the first lesson in the ‘3D Forms & Volume’ unit of work (the unit is also available as a pack including homework activities and a unit assessment).
The other lessons in the unit are: